Established in 1917, the First Haitian Campaign Medal honors United States Navy and Marine Corps members who carried out service in support of peacekeeping operations in Haiti between July 9 and December 6, 1915. It is now considered obsolete.
The medal features a body of water with land and a range of mountains on the horizon; a palm tree appears in the foreground on the right. Text reading “HAITIAN CAMPAIGN” appears on the upper portion of the medal as well as the years “1915” on the bottom.The reverse features the image of an eagle perched on an anchor with a draped chain upon which are inscribed the words “FOR SERVICE.” Oak and laurel decorate the lower portion of the medal, and text reads either “UNITED STATES NAVY” or “UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS” as appropriate. The ribbon is navy blue with two vertical red stripes in the center.