The Mississippi National Guard Recruiting Ribbon honors Mississippi National Guard members who successfully obtain three new enlistments.
The Mississippi National Guard is composed of the Mississippi Army National Guard and the Mississippi Air National Guard. The Army component dates back to 1798, when a territorial militia took shape; it is currently headquartered in Jackson. The Air component traces its roots back to 1939, when the 153d Observation Squadron was formed; the Air component is now based in Jackson as well.
The ribbon is white and is bisected by a thin vertical yellow stripe with three thinner yellow stripes evenly spaced on each side.