Established on June 17, 1982, the Indiana National Guard OCONUS Service Ribbon honors Indiana National Guard members who have carried out service honorably outside of the bounds of the continental United States.
Numbering over 16,000, the Indiana National Guard is composed of the Indiana Army National Guard and the Indiana Air National Guard. The Army component, headquartered in Indianapolis, dates back as far as 1801, when a volunteer militia formed in the territory. The Air component is made up of the 122d Fighter Wing, based in Fort Wayne, and the 181st Intelligence Wing, based in Terre Haute.
The ribbon is bisected by a thin blue, white, and red band flanked on either side by one stripe each of yellow, black, and green proceeding outward.