The Mississippi National Guard Commendation Ribbon honors Mississippi National Guard members who carry out noteworthy service or accomplishments on behalf of Mississippi.
The Mississippi National Guard is composed of the Mississippi Army National Guard and the Mississippi Air National Guard. The Army component dates back to 1798, when a territorial militia took shape; it is currently headquartered in Jackson. The Air component traces its roots back to 1939, when the 153d Observation Squadron was formed; the Air component is now based in Jackson as well.
The ribbon is gray and is bisected by a vertical red stripe that is flanked on either side by two thin vertical red stripes.