The Mississippi National Guard Medal of Efficiency honors Mississippi National Guard members who carry out five years of service honorably and who consistently demonstrate outstanding behavior and fidelity.
The Mississippi National Guard is composed of the Mississippi Army National Guard and the Mississippi Air National Guard. The Army component dates back to 1798, when a territorial militia took shape; it is currently headquartered in Jackson. The Air component traces its roots back to 1939, when the 153d Observation Squadron was formed; the Air component is now based in Jackson as well.
The ribbon is yellow with a vertical blue stripe on each edge.