The Delaware National Guard National Defense Service Ribbon honors Delaware National Guard members who have carried out honorable service subsequent to September 11, 2001 or between the dates of August 1990 and August 1991.
Headquartered in Wilmington and New Castle respectively, the Delaware Army National Guard and the Delaware Air National Guard together make up the Delaware National Guard. The Air component was established on September 6, 1946 and currently consists of the 166th Airlift Wing, which is served by more than 1,100 individuals. The Army component originated in 1655 when a group of settlers from Sweden defended the area from Dutch aggression.
The ribbon is beige and is bisected by a black vertical stripe; each edge features a thin vertical stripe of blue, white, and red proceeding inward.